Help Your Employees Get Back to Work Safely
After a major disruption that affects work and life, getting back to the office requires an intentional strategy to assure employees feel they are safe and can remain healthy in their environment.
Successful transitions take a holistic approach, addressing health and well-being from a physical, mental, social and emotional perspective.
Here are some tips to ease your employees back to the workplace Post-COVID-19 and give them confidence in their work environment.
DEVELOP PEOPLE-FOCUSED POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Establish flexible work strategies such as remote work options, alternate shifts, phased return to work
- Allocate spaces and tools to discourage shared use including assigned seating and storage, dedicated meeting rooms for teams, and personal phones, electronics and equipment
- Upgrade technology for seamless, reliable remote working and encourage its use to minimize meetings and travel
CREATE SPACES THAT ALLOW PEOPLE TO BE “ALONE TOGETHER”
- Consider spacious layouts or stagger users to maintain 6-foot distances
- Create enclosures or delineate space leveraging architectural solutions and/or furniture solutions such as screens, panels and dividers
- Reduce the number of people in meeting spaces
ASSURE EMPLOYEE SAFETY AND WELLBEING
- Maintain a healthy physical environment with well-lit space, ventilation that keeps clean air flowing and fabrics and finishes with anti-microbial properties and/or bleach-cleanable surfaces
- Add sensors and no-touch technology for hands free operation
- Support employee health and wellness with temperature checks, wellness resources, and encourage employees to stay home when not feeling well
- Promote hygienic measures with daily cleaning and sterilization protocols, visible reminders to wash hands, and provide personal mugs and water bottles
Please reach out to Alexis Sheehan at Sheehans Office at [email protected] or 1.800.429.8511 to learn more about how Sheehans can design a space that works, so your employees can do their best work for you.