Bill co-founded Kelleher & Sadowsky with Harold Sadowsky in 1981. The two were both well known in the Worcester area: Bill had come from a prominent local family in a reputable three-generation downtown retail business, and, Harold had emerged from a family-owned office furniture wholesale and retail business, followed by owning a seat on the American Stock Exchange.
In the Worcester community, Bill had gained a well deserved recognition for his service as the youngest-ever chairman of the Worcester Area Chamber of Commerce and was a leading advocate of building the Worcester Civic Center (named the Centrum – and now called the DCU Center).
The Kelleher &Sadowsky business strategy began with four simple components:
1) Client’s interests must always be served before those of the firm or its people;
2) The well-being of the Kelleher &Sadowsky entity must always supersede any personal preferences of either of its principals;
3) All associates added to the staff must conform to these ideals; and,
4) Teamwork and cooperation within the K&S group must be in full force, and continuously displayed in full and open view.
Fortunately, those time-tested principles endure to this day, leading to the company’s widespread enviable success in all its endeavors.
· Many years a director of city’s dominant commercial bank (Worcester County National, later renamed Shawmut Worcester County Bank).
· Decades of ownership and management of commercial real estate, including 194-196 Park Avenue office & retail, and enthusiastic investor in downtown Worcester commercial real estate renaissance.
· Trustee of several real estate entities, including Nobility Hill Realty Trust (446 Main St.).
· Twenty years a trustee of UMass Medical Hospital, later UMass Memorial Healthcare.
· Several years president of UMass Medical School Foundation.
· Trustee Emeritus, Worcester Art Museum.
· Continuing board director Francis Ouimet Scholarship Fund
· American Legion
· 100 Club of Massachusetts since 1991
Boston College, Bachelor of Science
A proud veteran of the United States Air Force and Massachusetts Air National Guard